Harwood Family
Cody ~ Chelsey ~ Annalyn ~ Jacob ~ Elizabeth

Other things may change us, but we start and end with family.




Monday, July 21, 2008

S'more? S'more what?

"Hey, you want a s'more?

Some more what?

No, no, you want a s'more?

I haven't had anything yet, so how can I have some more of nothing?

You're killing me, Smalls. These are s'mores stuff. Okay, pay attention. First you take the graham. You stick the chocolate on the graham. Then you roast the 'mallow. When the 'mallow's flaming, you stick it on the chocolate. Then you cover it with the other end. Then you stuff. Kind of messy, but good. Try some."

Isn't that the greatest movie ever?


Saturday night Cody got this great idea to make s'mores in the backyard! He had made a firepit barrel thing for scouts so it was perfect to use, and the kids loved it.





Since Jake is, well Jake, he was confined to his stroller, for obvious reasons. He did love eating graham crackers and pieces of the marshmellows.

Anna loved eating them, well, the first bite, then she'd just want to roast the marshmellows and watch them catch on fire. But thats my favorite part too!

Jake actually did pretty good sitting there; he lasted about 20 minutes, which was way more than I expected. Maybe it had something to do with me handing him crackers every 5 seconds so he'd be content...


This was as close to the fire that she would get. Since she didn't quite understand that in order to make a nicely toasted marshmellow you have to rotate it, her marshmellows were only brown on one side.

Get the hose and spray them down! They were pretty messy, but Jake loved being sprayed! He would sit and laugh at it and then just stand there until Cody sprayed him again. It probably felt good though because it was really hot on Saturday.

Yep, I made one too, well I just catch the marshmellows on fire and then eat them. That is my idea of a s'more!


4 comments:

Saedi said...

YUM YUM YUM! It cracks me up that you did this on Saturday cuz we did the exact same thing! We went to Dan's parents house and made lots of yummy smores. Shoot, I think they're my favorite things ever!

utmommy said...

I love smores!! So yummy!

Brandee Lloyd said...

I love that movie. I was cracking up reading it. Thanks now I am going to have to go and watch it!

Damon and Jodie said...

I can't believe how big the kiddos are getting. It has been a little while since I looked at your blog. Cute kids!!!!