5 years ago
Wednesday, April 23, 2008
Got Moab?
Last weekend we took a little jaunt down to Moab. It was nice weather, the kids loved being outside for more than two days in a row and Cody got to ride his bike! Hallelujah!! Here we are hiking up Negro Bills Canyon. Anna was such a trooper, she did the WHOLE 2 miles by herself! She never once asked to be held. We were pretty proud of her.
Jake was also a trooper, but since he had the option to lay his head down, he fell asleep. I was just glad that his hat would finally stay on; every time I'd look back at him the hat would be in his hands trying to hit me or Cody would be grabbing off of the ground from behind me.
Here is Cody finishing Porcupine Rim. One of his favorite rides. I was happy he got to do that ride this trip. Pretty awesome jump.
Anna studying up on the Moab mountain biking trails. She was pretty disappointed that she couldn't actually ride on the bike with her dad. So we were informed that "when she turns 16 she will have her OWN bike and ride BY Daddy." Apparently she is reading up so she can decide what rides she wants to do, 12 years from now!
Jake had the wonderful experience of tasting rocks and he was also very enthusiastic about carrying them from place to place, for instance my hands to the ground and then from the ground to my hands. He was so independent and would get so mad that I would hold his hand while he would walk. Sometimes he would even just take off and starting waddling as fast as he could and be smiling the whole time.
It was fun and we didn't want to come home!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)








8 comments:
Looks like you guys had fun. Jake looks cute in his outfit we gave him for his birthday. We have a picture of Cody a sleep in a backpack when he was little.
Nice air Cody.
Chels, It would have been fun to see you, to bad we didn't pass on the Delicate arch trail. I am not sure I would try negro bills again that kicks my butt. but it sure is pretty. It is so cute to see your family doing all the things I remember doing growing up and loving every minute of it. Nice jump Cody!
I love Moab! I miss Moab! I wish so badly that we could come to the family reunion!! I have so many fun family memories from there...PLUS, that's where it all started for Lance and I ya know....:)
That picture of Jake with his tongue out is SO CUTE!!! How the heck did he keep those flip flops on?...Wyatt STILL can't keep flip flops on....and i am sure Anna will be a great biking buddy for her daddy!
SA-WEET jump Cody! You've got good biking skills.
Looks like a fun trip, we are going down next weekend. I can't wait.
Dang, sorry we didn't know we could have hooked up with you guys. Your kids are so dang cute. Good memories of Moab.
Looks like lots of fun. Was there a big crash at the end of that jump by Cody? I can't imagine how you could land that, but good job!!
Looks like tons of fun. I am sad to say I have never even been to moab!! Can you believe that. I will definately have to put it on my list. Don't ya know your supposed to let Cody pack the kids on his back! Oh wait, he was too busy flying through the air on his bike!
Seeing everyones cute pics of their Southern Utah hikes is making me really excited for summer!!! It looks like you guys had such a fun time!!
Post a Comment