Saturday Cody went to hike Deseret Peak with fellow scout leader and friend Dallin. It is south of Tooele and the highest peak in Tooele County, summit elevation of 11,031 feet. Cody was amazed at how much snow there was still! This is him "running" down the mountain after they had reached the summit. I'm just glad I wasn't there when he stopped at the bottom; there were actually no injuries to be had!

And this is Cody imaginary skiing...
On their way up, he was grateful to have the trekking poles.

In front of the summit

This is Cody standing on the trail, which is underneath about 20 feet of snow. There were huge snow drifts all over like this.
Cody and Dallin at the summit.
Cody at the summit.
He had fun and it was a nice day for hiking!
3 comments:
Chelsey!!!! I love it that you are a blogger!!! Seriously, this just made my whole day! I hate goodbye's because it always makes it so hard to keep in touch with the people that you like, but this makes me feel so much better!!!
Wow, that actually looks like alot of fun to me. I wish I lived in Utah (I think I say this too much, I need to work on that) so I could go for a good hike.
That Cody...always climbing...and falling...but not this time!! Hooray for him!!! Looks like a beautiful view from up there!! What's with all the snow?...seriously.
Post a Comment