Harwood Family
Cody ~ Chelsey ~ Annalyn ~ Jacob ~ Elizabeth

Other things may change us, but we start and end with family.




Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Family Reunion in Moab

Hooray Moab!!! We spent last weekend down there with Cody's family for a reunion and we had so much fun! Friday morning everyone got together and went into Arches National Park to hike and have lunch. Here we are hiking Park Avenue...






After that, it was lunch time so we all drove over to Parade of Elephants side of the park and had lunch.

Anna and Jaxson...

We then drove up to Sand Dune Arch and hiked to it. Pretty awesome, just an arch sitting on the ground in the middle of these walls.


Cody had fun "exploring" and doing what he does best..climbing without any gear or a helmet perhaps!?!?! He actually climbed all the way up this wall and got on top of the arch itself.


Anna had to settle for the kiddie walls, which was just fine with me. Notice how Jake isn't in any of these pictures? That is because he is in his backpack which is on my back; there was no way I was letting him down to climb. I already have to watch out for his dad!
Cody on top of the Arch.
Saturday morning we took the kids to see Landscape Arch. It got really hot really fast, so they didn't last too long.

We went back to have lunch, then we took our truck for some off-roading. Chad and Maria rented a jeep so we all went to go see Gemini Bridges. It was a really bumpy ride and I was anxious to see how the kids would do, but they loved it! They laughed and giggled the whole time. Jake didn't last very long; he fell asleep within 15 minutes, which I don't know how because that road was so rough. His little head was bobbing everywhere.

Here we are in front of one of the bridges. You can actually walk across it, which Cody did, but I'm a freak when it comes to heights and there was no way I was taking the kids over there. It drops off (I don't know how far because I didn't have enough guts to get close enough to see) on both sides.
Cody and Chad on the other side of the bridge.
This is where we waited while Cody took pictures and walked around. As you can see Jake was happy when Daddy came back, with the camera on...
It was a fun trip and we were glad to spend time with family and see everyone.

8 comments:

Nat said...

How fun! I sadly can say I have never been to Moab, but here it is lots of fun!

Nicole said...

You are one good wife to take your little ones!!! It is sure hard to take kids out like that in the hot sun, they sure have fun though! Miss you!

Nicole said...

Sorry, one more thing, where did you get your blog template? It's cute and I need a new one.

Alison said...

You did have a lot of fun. What a fun family you have. That little jake is so cute. I may have to take another trip to Moab.

Unknown said...

It was a fun trip I'm so glad we all got to go and spend time together! We'll have to do it again soon!

Hacking it up said...

I LOVE Moab!!! I was so bummed that we couldn't go :( Looks like everyone had fun!

Cody is so naughty for climbing so high...some things never change...

The kids are so stinkin' cute! It reminds me of when we used to go when we were all little...good memories!

Bethany said...

Moab is SO much fun. Cameron's never been there and I was so excited to take him. Sadly, it just didn't work out. Our work schedules are too complicated. I'm so glad you had so much fun though!! Wish we could've been there.

Saedi said...

I don't blame you, my palms are sweating just thinking about walking over that bridge!