In honor of Mother's Day coming up...
I'm not sure if it's because the holiday is this Sunday, if its because my kids have been sick this week or if its because I've really missed our families lately but I've been thinking about how mothers are self-sacrificing, unconditionally loving and never failing. When you think about it, mothers are amazing. They work all day and some of the time all night, they have everyone else's interests at hand before their own, and they will sometimes go without showers or food if they have too.
Mothers are who we think of when we have a problem, they are our comfort, our strength and our examples. They work jobs in the home and out of the home and will do whatever they have to for their children. What they want usually comes last, if at all. Mothers have so many qualities and some of them you didn't even know you had until you become a mother. I'm not sure if screaming into a pillow counts as a quality but I wouldn't doubt it.
Losing sleep, being puked on, cleaning up spilled milk 5 times in the same sitting, getting headaches, trying to raise kids righteously and all the stress and worries that comes with motherhood are so hard, but it's worth it because of the blessings we have in the form of our children. I think about all the mothers I know. I admire each of you. You are all examples to me and I consider myself blessed to know you. I hope you all have a wonderful Mother's Day, whether you are a mother now or a future mother. To my husband's mother and my own...we love you and miss you; we appreciate you more than you'll ever know and thank you so much for everything you have done for us, from the time we were born until now. We are blessed to have you as our mothers.
5 years ago








3 comments:
What a great post!
Hope you had a happy mother's day!
That is such a nice post!! Well said!! Hope your day was great!!!
Chelsea, I just love you! I hope you had a GREAT Mother's Day. I bet that it's hard sometimes being so far away from your family. I know you are an AWESOME mom! You are too sweet--it just comes naturally! :)
Post a Comment