Harwood Family
Cody ~ Chelsey ~ Annalyn ~ Jacob ~ Elizabeth

Other things may change us, but we start and end with family.




Sunday, May 16, 2010

Our New Adventure

There are a few really big reasons why I have not posted anything on our blog or commented on any of yours during the last month or two. Where do I begin...first of all, in January Cody got accepted into the National Park Service Law Enforcement program in Rangely, Colorado. He will train to be a law enforcement ranger in the National Park system and can work anywhere in the country. He actually left just this morning to start his training for 10 weeks in Rangely at Colorado Northwestern Community College. He has wanted to do this for a long time and the timing was finally right. We are so excited that he will finally be able to do what he has wanted for such a long time.

When Cody got accepted to the program back in January, we started to make some big decisions. Should the kids and I go with him? We decided no for a couple of reasons. The training that he will be doing is 24/7 so we wouldn't see much of him anyway; Rangely is not that exciting of a town and there would be nothing for us to do. So the kids and I are still here where we have family to help and where we are going to stay as busy as we can throughout the summer.

The second big decision we had to make was selling our house. Words cannot describe this expericence. Well, two words describe it all - Divine Intervention. Cody put the for sale sign up on a Tuesday and we had an offer by Monday - 6 DAYS. Everything went so fast and without complication through the whole closing process that we knew this was right. There is no other reason I can think of as to why it worked out the way it did. My trust and faith in the Lord as always been there, but when experiences like this happen, it always magnifies my spriritual outlook. So 3 weeks ago we moved into an apartment in our same ward. Cody finishes school the last week of July and then we will hopefully be moving again to wherever he gets job, which could be anywhere in the country.

So to say the least we have been a little busy. The kids have been doing really well through it all. Like I said earlier, Cody just left this morning, so his absence hasn't really hit them yet. But I know we'll be blessed and he'll be blessed as we start this next stage in our lives.

Some other things we've doing...

Cody has served in the Scouting program since we first bought our house in 2003. He has had such an impact on those boys and it shows because they presented him with some awards last Sunday. It was pretty special.


We also blessed Lizzie on May 2nd. She is such sweet baby. We all love her so much. Her older brother and sister are so protective of her. She was sent to us at this time for a special reason I believe.



Last weekend we went up the canyon with the kids to have a fire and cook hot dogs and s'mores; just to spend some family time together. They loved climbing and exploring and it was so fun to be "kind of camping" as Anna said.



So that has been our life the last little while. Lots of big changes and even more big blessings. We are starting a new adventure and we are so excited to see where it takes us!

8 comments:

Hacking it up said...

We are so excited for Cody to go through his training! Things have worked out great for you! I know it's going to be difficult without him around for awhile, but it will all be worth it!! You will be in our prayers! Love you all!!!

The Foxy Fam said...

Congratulations to Cody! That is so exciting. . . it's such a relief when your husband can finally do what he loves and enjoys going to work everyday! That is such a blessing with your house. Especially in this crazy economy. I love hearing faith building stories like that. Thanks for sharing them. That little family of yours is absolutely adorable. Lizzie looked so beautiful in her blessing dress. You look WONDERFUL and like you never have had any kids! So jealous! :) Your outfits were so cute and coordinated so well. . .perfect for family pictures. You have such a beautiful, precious family. We hope all goes well with your adventures to come! :)

Alison said...

It sounds like evrything is working out for you. I hope everything goes well on your new adventure.

Cammie said...

I am so happy for you that things are working out so well. Divine Intervention for sure. I think it was divine intervention that led you to that house in the 1st place. I know it was blessing for parents having you there and it helped my mom a lot as well. We wish you luck in the next phase in your life

Nat said...

Wow six days to sell the house!! Thats amazing! It definately was meant to be. I hope things go good for you while cody is away. But like you said you have both sides of the family right here to help out. Thinking of you.

utmommy said...

You guys are awesome! I can't believe how fast your house sold. It must be right and you will be blessed. Let me know if you need anything.

Damon and Jodie said...

Wow, what a fun adventure for your family! : ) Hope that all goes well with it all! Maybe when he graduates y'all can come down here to Texas to see us. We have National Forest here too. he he Good luck with everything and keep us posted! The kids are so adorable!

Erin said...

What an exciting new chapter in your lives! Busy, adventurous, and always, always fun, right? Congratulations on these great experiences that you will never forget.