Harwood Family
Cody ~ Chelsey ~ Annalyn ~ Jacob ~ Elizabeth

Other things may change us, but we start and end with family.




Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Cutting Down Our Tree

The day after Thanksgiving we went to cut down our Christmas tree. Its always been a fun tradition and the kids love it. Cody went hiking around to find our tree while the kids and I hung out by the truck and played in the snow.





After awhile Cody came down the mountain with our tree. Hooray! We spent the rest of the day decorating with our Christmas decorations and we loving smelling our fresh cut Christmas tree!

6 comments:

Erin said...

What a fun tradition! And look at that snow! We're still in the middle of autumn out here in NC. Your family rocks at doing all of the fun outdoor adventurist activities, and, frankly, you're making me want to become a mountain man (well, woman) myself.

The Foxy Fam said...

What a fun family tradition! Your kiddies ARE TOO CUTE FOR WORDS!

Hacking it up said...

we used to always cut our own tree when we lived in Oregon--you can't do that in Texas :( The kids look so cute bundled up and playing in the snow--looks like they had a blast! And yay for Cody coming back with no injuries after using the chainsaw!!

can't wait to see "y'all" in a couple of weeks!!!

utmommy said...

How fun! We've never had a real tree. I bet it smells yummy in your house.

rachwheel said...

Congrats! Every once in a while, I go on the sfhs website to check and see how everyone is doing. we're due really close to the same time with girls. That's exciting. I love little girls! Seeing them interact and watch out for each other is the greatest thing ever! My two are so protective of each other's feelings. Good luck with everything!

Angie said...

I saw some scrapbooking stickers way back in September that where all about cutting down a xmas tree and totally thought of you guys and your tradition..I should have bought it for you! DUH..next time :)