Harwood Family
Cody ~ Chelsey ~ Annalyn ~ Jacob ~ Elizabeth

Other things may change us, but we start and end with family.




Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Handyman Jake

Jacob got a tool set from Santa this year...I don't think Santa knew how much Jacob would be into fixing things around the house for us. Plus it helps that his dad's tool are orange, so he pretty much is constantly following Cody around with at least two tools in his hands. (he is his father's son). Below are some shots of the handyman-in-training at work on his latest projects.

Rocking horses always need some tweeking now and then (in the head of course, where else?)

Sunday after church Cody caught the little guy under the flap of the couch "fixing" who knows what under there.

And where would the fix-it man be without his safety glasses? I'm not sure what he was working on, but it must have been a difficult job if the glasses were turned upside down.

Cody has had to nail, caulk, cover, and tape little openings around the house (mostly in the corners of the carpet) because Jacob will "fix" them with his drill (that really moves by the way). So these holes Jake finds eventually get bigger and bigger because he keeps sticking his tools in them!
I guess he thought the tile needed some maintenance; one more hole to fix later...

What's amazing is he really knows what tools are used for what things. He'll stick his screwdriver where the screws are, he'll hammer nails, and the drill that really moves never leaves his side. That just fixes everything and I mean EVERYTHING - my bathroom towels, Anna's shoes, the door, the dvd's, the fireplace, all of his trucks, and of course the new cabinets in our kitchen. Yeah, um, he's almost two. Are they supposed to know those things this young?
Anyone got any sidejobs that need fixing?

8 comments:

TheSainOnes said...

Send him over I would love a cute fix-it man..

Amanda said...

That is so CUTE! What a Mr. Fix it!

Unknown said...

HOW ADOREABLE!!! I LOVE HANDY MEN! TRUST THE KIDS TO FIND EVERY LITTLE HOLE TO MAKE EVEN BIGGER! SO FUN.

Saedi said...

We desperately need him over here!!! What a darling little boy! I love your new picture at the top, by the way!

Brandee Lloyd said...

How fun is that. Cody must love having that little man around the house doing all the honey does for him so he doesn't have to!!

Hacking it up said...

Those pictures made me giggle...Jake's so dang cute!!! And apparently very handy...just like his dad.
It reminds me of the time MY little brothers had tools...they sawed all of the spindles off on my baby's crib....then they stripped the clothes off my baby doll and threw her in the deep freezer.

sickos.

Fisher Family said...

Cute pictures Chelsea... Caleb was looking at blogs with me a couple of days ago and saw Anna and totally recognized her... "She was in my church class!" is what he said with much enthusiasm. Steve and I sure miss everyone...

utmommy said...

I've definitely got some things that need some fixing. Send him over.

He's such a cutie!