Harwood Family
Cody ~ Chelsey ~ Annalyn ~ Jacob ~ Elizabeth

Other things may change us, but we start and end with family.




Monday, December 29, 2008

New Cabinets

Since we bought this house, we have slowing been remodeling one part or another. Last year we started the kitchen by installing recessed lighting and texturing/painting the ceiling. (by "we" I mean "cody"), so this year we decided to take down our existing (ugly and disgusting I might add) cabinets to sand and repaint them. Cody and his brother Chad did such an awesome job. They had to take the cabinets off as one piece because they were built that way back in the 60's when this house was built. We got new hardware and knobs for them. After painting them, I sanded down all the edges to "antique" them. I'm pretty happy with the way they turned out. I'm so happy Cody can do all this!

BEFORE:



AFTER:



We got the top cabinets done...the bottom is next.

4 comments:

Amanda said...

Wow! That makes your kitchen so bright! I love it! Looks like you had a great Christmas!

Hacking it up said...

Wow! WHAT A DIFFERENCE!! That looks great!! Well done!!

Littletime said...

Wow they look really nice, good job.

Fisher Family said...

I know how it feels to finally do some big changes in a home... it was so exciting for us to get some of those big things done! Congrats!