Harwood Family
Cody ~ Chelsey ~ Annalyn ~ Jacob ~ Elizabeth

Other things may change us, but we start and end with family.




Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Okay, I'm new at this!

Hey everyone...bear with me, I have no idea what I am doing. Stephanie was the one who talked me into this, so if our blog looks retarted, it's her fault! Kidding Steph. I am way excited to keep in touch with everyone this way. The big new thing with us is we just got back from a very long and much needed vacation. We hooked up our trailer and drove down to Texas (thats right, ya'll!!!) We did make a few stops along the way in Arizona and New Mexico (or as Cody calls it, the land of desolation). After a fews days of driving we arrived at Steph and Lance's house - ahhh finally. We loved spending time with their family! The week we stayed with them was by far the best part the whole trip. Unfortunately we did have to leave so we hooked back on the trailer (well, we never really unhooked it in the first place) and drove to Oklahoma City, then straight across through NM (the most boring state in America). We stayed in Moab a couple of nights before getting home - which isn't the same when the high is 20 degrees. We had so much fun. We can't wait to do it again!



Our night in Flagstaff, AZ - we woke up to 2 inches of snow! I thought we were supposed to be getting OUT of the snow!



This is what I heard the whole time in the truck," Say cheese, mom...mom, say cheese...MOM! say cheese!!!'


Jake was content in his stroller, thank goodness because he was in it a lot!



By the Riverwalk, and Cody did NOT get wet!




Steph, Anna, and Jake and me by the Alamo

We went to Carlsbad Caverns, NM (okay this is the only good thing in that state) It was huge and very well worth the drive to see.

SUMMIT!!!! Cody climbed Guadalupe Peak which is the highest point in Texas, I have no idea what the elevation is. But he would!


Loves and kisses from Aunt Stephie!



Anna giving Daddy loves in Natural Bridge Caverns, TX




Natural Bridge Caverns - we saw our share of caves this trip

We could not resist getting her this and she still wears it every day!

Don't mess with me, I have a sticker and I know how to use it!



Oklahoma City Memorial - very neat to see at night
Chairs of everyone who died at the bombing



Four Corners Monument (Cody - "Ha ha I was in Utah first!!!) Yah, we (well he) played that game the whole drive (apparently this is something he played with Clayton while they took vacations)


Petroglyph National Monument, NM - okay this is something else that state has that is interesting. As Anna would say, there are lots of pictures on the rocks.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Yeah for your blog!! I think it's awsome and I am so excited that you have one! Just a warning...it is rather addicting you will find yourself taking pictures or trying to have adventures JUST so you can post it on your blog! I loved all your pictures and I can't wait to see more!

Carey said...

Good job Chelsey! I don't even attempt to blog. Your trip looks and sounds like it was so much fun - sorry about the awning, oh and the frozen pipes, oh and the RV moment that Cody had (gross, but hilarious).

Hacking it up said...

Good Times!! We LOVED having you here!...Oh, and sorry about the camera thing with Anna...you're welcome... :)P.S> I don't think your blog is retarded...in fact it's one of the nicest I've seen...in FACT, whoever "inspired" you must be some kind of Genius!! :)

Still Laughing over Cody's bike videos... :)

Give the kids kisses for me!!

TheSainOnes said...

You have the cutest family it is fun to see what crazy things you are up to.