So we moved down here on Feb. 18, which was an adventure all to itself; driving 750 miles in two days with a moving truck with every single thing we own inside, two vehicles, 3 children, and our two way radios. I'm actually very impressed with the kids and how well they did. Jake got to drive in the big moving truck with Cody and wouldn't let his big sister have a turn. The girls rode with me following behind and as Anna put it, "we got to listen girl songs the whole way!".
We moved to a little town called Ajo, which is about 40 miles north of the Mexico border. Organ Pipe sits right on the Mexico border and the park boundary about 15 miles south of where we live, so the commute isn't too bad for Cody. When I say "little" town, I really mean LITTLE. Let me just say this...its got one grocery store (which I'm so thankful for because the next closest one is 98 miles away), gas station and school. And thats about it. Oh! It does have two parks; yay! We had never even seen the house we are renting until we pulled up in front of it and phew! relief! Big enough, nice enough and it is fenced all the way around...(don't want those javelina's getting in right?!?!) It worked out great. The kids love it down here. Cody loves his new job and I just love that everyone else is happy! Annalyn is doing great in her new 1st grade class at school. Jacob is making friends in Sunbeams at church, which we see at the park most mornings. Lizzie is just happy to have carpet to crawl on instead of concrete (love you Haley and Dan!)
So here we are! As we get more pictures I'll post more and since we are not close to family anymore I'll try very very very hard (see moms, 3 very's!) to keep this blog updated with pictures. Thanks so much to our families and friends for all your support and encouragement; I know we couldn't have gotten through those last few weeks without you! We love you!
This is the front of our house:
This is the backyard; the tree on the right is an orange tree and the one next to it is a grapefruit tree!
Big cactus in our front yard; cactus' are the way to landscape down here!
Jacob and I in the backyard, fruit trees to the left, our house is in the background.
Annalyn and Jacob in front of MORE cactus' in our backyard and the only reason they were so close to them to begin with is for the picture.
one downside about this house...it does not have bathtubs! Not very easy when you have little kids. So we tried this and she at least got clean!








7 comments:
So glad you made it there safe and sound! I bet it will take some adjusting, but sounds like so far so good. Glad the kids are liking it so far. Funny that they landscape with cactus. Just hope not to trip and fall into one! :)
So happy you guys made it safely and are doing well. Can't wait to visit you guys and go to the mexico house! The kids will love it. The picture of Elizabeth in the sink is darling!
What! no grass?
Glad to see where you guys live. Watch out for snakes!!!! I hate snakes.
Glad for you guys, sad for me.
Love Ya!
Glad you are getting settled. We are sure missing you guys. No bathtubs would be tricky, but looks like you figured it out.
Ryan loves the cactus!
So glad you guys were finally able to get down there and settled!! It had been quite a long and nerve-racking road for you guys!! Can't wait to come and see you for ourselves!! Give the kids kisses!!! love you all!!
So excited for you guys and your new adventure!! I love all the fruit trees you have in the backyard! What a darling, sweet family you have. I can't believe how fast sweet little Lizzie is growing up! Take care, good luck, and have fun! :)
So glad for you and your family, Bill and I love Organ Pipe it has some fun hikes, and I love all the different catcus, now we have a reason to go there again. Love you
Post a Comment